Central Enrollment Office
We look forward to working with you to complete the enrollment process and empower you and your child(ren) to be successful in their educational endeavors.
To register a new/returning student in Austin Public Schools
- Complete online enrollment forms.
- Call (507) 460-1937 to make an appointment for an enrollment assessment for students in Grades 02-12. If you do not call for this appointment, enrollment staff will be contacting you to schedule.
- Attend the appointment at:
Austin Public Schools Central Enrollment Office
(Enter through Door #3 with the Red Canopy)
401 3rd Ave NW
Austin, MN 55912
In order to help facilitate the registration process, please have the following items with you when enrolling your student(s):
- Household information - address and phone numbers
- Parent information - work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student information - demographic and health/medication/immunization information
- Emergency Contacts - names and phone numbers
The application process takes about 20 minutes. Applications can be saved and reopened at a later time. When completed, your application will be processed and routed to your child's school. Your School Office Staff will contact you.
At any time, if you need assistance, please call 507-460-1937 and enrollment staff will assist you.
To our current residents who have recently moved to the district, we welcome you to Austin Public Schools. Please prepare for online registration by providing the following documents available for upload during the registration process:
- Student birth certificate (requested, but not required)
- Current immunization records
- Legal Custody document (if applicable)
- Transcript (if applicable)
Already Have a Student In The District?
Austin Public Schools offers online student registration to those families who currently have a Campus Parent Portal account. If you wish to enroll a member of your household into our district, please login to the APS Campus Parent Portal and choose More (on the left of the screen). Next, choose "Online Registration".
If you do not have an APS Campus Parent Portal Account and wish to obtain one, please contact email@example.com to obtain account information and support.
If you are a non-resident family and wish to have your child attend school in our district, you will need to complete an open enrollment form. Please contact the Superintendent's Office @ (507) 460-1900 for more information or to obtain the open enrollment form. Please follow this link to verify that your address is outside of Austin Public School boundaries:
School District Finder
No Computer or Internet Access?
Families that do not have internet access, a computer or a current email address can use our kiosk stations at the Central Enrollment Office.
**Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 restrictions. APS kiosks for parents needing assistance and/or access will be available when restrictions are lifted. Details will be available at that time.**