The Austin School Board is a policy-making body, responsible for the district's curriculum, personnel and physical facilities. They work hard for Austin Public School students and encourage your
involvement and feedback. The public is invited and encouraged to attend School Board meetings. Monthly meetings are held at 5:30 pm in the Austin City Council Chambers at 500 NE Fourth Avenue. Meeting
dates are noted in the calendar. Please call 507 460-1900 with any questions concerning school board meetings.
The meeting agenda is posted on the district web site and in the Superintendent's Office at 401 Third Avenue NW three days prior to each meeting. School Board minutes are also posted on the district web
site and published regularly in the Austin Daily Herald. The meetings are aired live on Charter cable channel 16 and rebroadcast at 5:00 PM each Saturday and Sunday. Please note cable channel 16 is only
active during live broadcasts or tape replays.
During each regular School Board meeting, the Board will allow members of the audience to address the Board. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Notify the board chair or secretary that you wish to address the board.
- The speaker is asked to identify him/herself by name and, if he/she represents an organization, to name the group. Remarks should be addressed to the Board as a whole.
- Each presentation will be limited to five (5) minutes.
- Delegations must be represented by not more than three (3) spokespersons, with the same five (5) minute limitations for each.
- The School Board will not hear complaints about individual school employees or permit discussion of such matters in an open meeting. Charges or complaints of such nature shall be presented in
writing to school administration and signed by the person making the complaint. Thereafter, such discussion shall be conducted in a closed meeting.
- The Chairperson of the Board may terminate the right of any speaker to continue should they be accompanied by people whose behavior is improper.
- No response, reaction nor action shall necessarily be taken by the Board during the Delegations / Public Comment portion of the meeting.
School Board Mission and Goals
Strategic Road Map 2016-18
World's Best Workforce 2016-17 Update
School Board Meeting Schedule
All regular meetings begin at 5:30 p.m. (unless noted) and are held in the City Council Chambers (unless noted) located in the lower level of 500 Fourth Avenue NE. The agenda is posted on the website three
days prior to each meeting.
- Monday, July 9, 2018
- Monday, August 13, 2018
- Monday, September 10, 2018
- Monday, October 8, 2018
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - District Office Conference Room
- Monday, December 10, 2018
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:00 pm - District Office Conference Room (Organizational Meeting)
- Monday, January 14, 2019
- Monday, February 11, 2019
- Monday, March 11, 2019
- Monday, April 8, 2019
- Monday, May 13, 2019
- Monday, June 10, 2019