Austin Is Activities
At Austin Public Schools, our goal is to educate the whole student. Our focus extends beyond a student's academic development. We offer opportunities to participate in activities outside of the regular school day, including:
- Coding Club at Woodson Kindergarten Center
- Community Choir, Lego Robotics, Minecraft Club, Student Council and School Safety Patrols at the elementary schools
- VEX Robotics, intra-mural sports, musical ensembles, and HEAT at IJ Holton Intermediate School
- Sports, drama, music, and much more at Ellis Middle School
- Everything from DECA and Skills USA to Math League and Art Club at Austin High School
A well-rounded education addresses not only the academic needs of each student, but also their social and physical development. At APS, our goal is to provide numerous opportunities and activities for students both within and outside of the school day.