Agencies or organizations requesting to distribute flyers, whether physical or digital, to Austin Public Schools (APS) students and their families through schools must have approval from Human Resources. Flyers MUST include the following disclaimer to be approved:
Austin Public Schools is not sponsoring, endorsing, or recommending the activities announced in this flyer.
Requests must be completed for each flyer, each school year, even if from the same agency/organization. To request approval:
- Include the APS disclaimer on each flyer (the first page, for a multi-page publication) in at least 10-point font
- Complete the form below
Upon approval, a letter will be sent via email to the contact person listed on the form. To distribute:
- If the flyer is in physical format, you must provide copies of the flyers bundled into packs of 35 and deliver to the schools' main office.
- If the flyer is digital, you must provide a digital copy of the flyer to the main office for inclusion in the monthly newsletter. PLEASE NOTE: Digital flyers will only be provided to students/families in addition to regular school correspondence unless otherwise authorized.
- In either case, you must include a copy of the approval letter with each delivery
Requests submitted without the disclaimer on the flyer will be automatically denied. The approval letters are typically delivered within one week, however APS reserves up to ten business days from submission to review requests. If your flyer has more than three pages, please contact our office.
Guidelines For Approval
APS will consider approval of distribution request based on the following criteria:
- Materials must support the district curriculum or the academic goals of APS.
- The requesting organization must be a non-profit organization.
- The requesting organization must offer free, or affordable, activities and/or services so that students and families may not be excluded from the activity or event.
- Materials/flyers must be non-partisan and secular in nature.
- Materials/flyers must contain information stating who the sponsor is and include contact information as a resource to parents.
- Materials/flyers must clearly state program costs and indicate the availability of scholarships and/or sliding fees.
- APS does not distribute materials from outside entities to staff members.
APS will NOT approve distribution request if the materials:
- Are likely to cause disruption to the school or schools.
- Interfere with the school's or school district's educational objectives.
- Are obscene or libelous.
- Relate to a product or service not permitted to minors by law.
- Advocate violence or other illegal activity.
- Advocate violation of district policy and/or school regulations.
*IF YOUR FLYER HAS MORE THAN THREE PAGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE*
APS Flyer Submission Form
Department of Human Resources
401 3rd Ave NW
Austin, MN 55912
Executive Director of Organizational Development & Administrative Services
Director of Human Resources
Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Sub Services
Benefits Specialist / Cash Management