The Austin School Board is a policy-making body responsible for the district's curriculum, personnel and physical facilities. They work hard for Austin Public School students and encourage your involvement and feedback. The public is invited and encouraged to attend School Board meetings. Monthly meetings are held at 5:30pm in the AHS Annex Recital Hall at 205 4th St NW. Please enter through Annex Door #1. Meeting dates are noted in the calendar. Please call 507 460-1900 with any questions concerning school board meetings.
The meeting agenda is posted on the district web site and in the Superintendent's Office at 401 Third Avenue NW three days prior to each meeting. School Board minutes are also posted on the district web site and published regularly in the Austin Daily Herald. The meetings are livestreamed on the APS YouTube channel and the link will be made available in the meeting agenda as well as via social media. Please note only regular monthly meetings are livestreamed (this does not include study sessions).
During each regular School Board meeting, the Board will allow members of the audience to address the Board. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Notify the board chair or secretary that you wish to address the board.
- The speaker is asked to identify him/herself by name and, if he/she represents an organization, to name the group. Remarks should be addressed to the Board as a whole.
- Each presentation will be limited to five (5) minutes.
- Delegations must be represented by not more than three (3) spokespersons, with the same five (5) minute limitations for each.
- The School Board will not hear complaints about individual school employees or permit discussion of such matters in an open meeting. Charges or complaints of such nature shall be presented in writing to school administration and signed by the person making the complaint. Thereafter, such discussion shall be conducted in a closed meeting.
- The Chairperson of the Board may terminate the right of any speaker to continue should they be accompanied by people whose behavior is improper.
- No response, reaction nor action shall necessarily be taken by the Board during the Delegations / Public Comment portion of the meeting.
School Board Mission and Goals
School Board Meeting Schedule
All regular meetings begin at 5:30 p.m. (unless noted) and are held in the AHS Annex Recital Hall at 205 4th St NW (unless noted). The agenda is posted on the website three days prior to each meeting.
- Monday, January 10, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, February 14, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, March 14, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, April 11, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, May 9, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, June 13, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, July 11, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, August 8, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, September 12, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, October 10, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, November 14, 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Monday, December 12, 2022 - 5:30 pm