Policy 203.1 - Operation of the School Board - Governing Rules
The purpose of this policy is to provide governing rules for the conduct of meetings of the school board.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
An orderly school board meeting allows school board members to participate in discussion and decision of school district issues. Rules of order allow school board members the opportunity to review school-related topics, discuss school business items, and bring matters to conclusion in a timely and consistent manner.
III. RULES OF ORDER
Rules of order for school board meetings shall be as follows:
- Minnesota statutes where specified;
- Specific rules of order as provided by the school board consistent with Minnesota statutes; and
- Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised (latest edition) where not inconsistent with A and B above.
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.09, Subds. 6, 7 and 10U (School Board Matters)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.14 (Officers)
- Minn. Stat. Ch. 13D (Open Meeting Law)
Policy Adopted: 07/08/02
Policy Reviewed: 12/08/14
Policy Reviewed: 8/14/17
Policy Reviewed 1/13/20