Policy 302 - Superintendent
The purpose of this policy is to recognize the importance of the role of the superintendent and the overall responsibility of that position within the school district.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board shall employ a superintendent who shall serve as an ex officio, nonvoting member of the school board and as chief executive officer of the school system.
III. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- The superintendent is responsible for the management of the schools, the administration of all school district policies, and is directly accountable to the school board.
- The superintendent shall annually evaluate each principal assigned responsibility for supervising a school building in the district.
- The superintendent may delegate responsibilities to other school district personnel, but shall continue to be accountable for actions taken under such delegation.
- Where responsibilities are not specifically prescribed, nor school board policy applicable, the superintendent shall use personal and professional judgment, subject to review by the school board.
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.143 (Superintendent)
Policy Adopted: 2/14/05
Policy Reviewed: 09/13/10
Policy Revised: 10/14/13
Policy Reviewed: 2/9/15
Policy Reviewed: 9/11/17