Policy 304 - Superintendent Contract, Duties, Evaluation
The purpose of this policy is to provide for the use of an employment contract with the superintendent, a position description and the use of an approved instrument to evaluate performance.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
- The superintendent’s contract shall be used to formalize the employment relationship and to specifically identify and clarify all conditions of employment with the superintendent.
- The specific duties for which the superintendent is accountable shall be set forth in a position description for the superintendent. The process for the annual evaluation of the superintendent is in the policy 304 attachments. This process should be reviewed annually by the school board prior to the evaluation of the superintendent. The school board shall use this process to annually evaluate the performance of the superintendent and in the Superintendent’s last contract year, allow for a contract extension ratification timeline.
- Attachment 1: Superintendent Evaluation Process
- Attachment 2: Superintendent Establishment Of Goals
- Attachment 3: Superintendent End-Of-Year Summative Evaluation Form for School Board
- Attachment 4: Superintendent Overall End-Of-Year Summative Evaluation Form
- Attachment 5: Cover Letter to School Board Members
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.143 (Superintendent)
First Reading: 09/12/05
Policy Adopted: 09/27/05
Revised Policy Approved: 04/11/11
Policy Reviewed: 8/12/13
Revised Policy Approved: 05/11/15