Policy 511 - Student Fundraising
The purpose of this policy is to address student fundraising efforts.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school board recognizes a desire and a need by some student organizations for fundraising. The school board also recognizes a need for some constraint to prevent fundraising activities from becoming too numerous and overly demanding on employees, students, and the general public.
- The building administrators shall be responsible for developing recommendations to the superintendent that will result in a level of activity deemed acceptable by employees, parents, and students. Fundraising must be conducted in a manner that will not result in embarrassment on the part of individual students, employees, or the school.
- All fundraising activities must be approved, in advance, by the administration. Participation in nonapproved activities shall be considered a violation of school district policy.
- The superintendent shall be responsible for providing coordination of student fundraising throughout the school district as deemed appropriate.
- The school district expects all students who participate in approved fundraising activities to represent the school, the student organization, and the community in a responsible manner. All rules pertaining to student conduct and student discipline extend to student fundraising activities.
- The school district expects all employees who plan, supervise, coordinate, or participate in student fundraising activities to act in the best interests of the students and to represent the school, the student organization, and the community in a responsible manner.
IV. ANNUAL REPORT
The superintendent shall report to the school board, at least annually, on the nature and scope of student fundraising activities approved pursuant to this policy.
- Minn. Stat. § 120A.20 (Age Limitations; Pupils)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.09, Subd. 8 (Duties)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.36 (Authorized Fees)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 506 (Student Discipline)
- MSBA/MASA Model Policy 713 (Student Activity Accounting)
Policy Approved: 05/23/05
Policy Reviewed: 04/09/12
Policy Reviewed: 12/9/13
Policy Reviewed: 9/14/15
Policy Reviewed: 8/13/18
Policy Updated: 04/11/21