Policy 607 - Organization of Grade Levels
The purpose of this policy is to address the grade level organization of schools within the school district.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
- It is the policy of the school district to address the groupings of grade levels as recognized in Minn. Stat. § 120A.05, as follows:
- Elementary: Grades Pre-Kindergarten through 4
- Middle: Grades 5 - 8
- Secondary: Grades 9 - 12
- The superintendent may seek school board approval to administer certain programs on a nongraded basis or a design different from that indicated. Program proposals that seek school board approval must meet all state requirements and reflect the rationale for the modification.
- Minn. Stat. § 120A.05, Subds. 9, 11, 13, 17 (Public Schools)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.02, Subd. 2 (General Powers of Independent School Districts)
Policy Adopted: 03/08/04
Policy Reviewed: 2/8/16
Policy Reviewed: 1/14/19