The purpose of the Facilities Committee is to participate in general facilities planning for Austin Public Schools. In order to maintain the high standards set by the Austin School Board, the committee will focus on ways to enhance available resources to achieve our district's strategic priorities.
The committee interest areas pertain to maintenance, utilization, and operation of all land, buildings, facilities, and equipment owned by the District.
- will review issues relating to the condition of the district's facilities;
- will advise the School Board on building-related issues, ongoing maintenance and planning for long-term improvements when requested;
- will follow Board policies related to building issues; and
- understands all decisions regarding facilities are the sole responsibility of the School Board.
General responsibilities of the committee include:
- serving as the liaison to representative stakeholders;
- reviewing and recommending a maintenance and replacement schedule for buildings and grounds;
- helping to plan for potential new construction, major renovations, or major improvements of school buildings and grounds if needed; and
- participating in studies and on matters pertaining to security, space, and community use of facilities.
Facilities Committee Members
Board Member, Carol McAlister
Board Member, Don Leathers
Board Member, Peggy Young
Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Joey Page
Executive Director of Finance and Operations, Andrew Adams
Director of Facilities Services, Joe Adamson
Director of Technology, Amy Thuesen
APA Representative, Jill Rollie
APA Representative, Matt Schmit
AEA Representative, Lars Johnson
AEA Representative, Kim Potter
Community Member, TBD