The Finance Committee is an advisory committee to District Administration and the School Board. The purpose of the Finance Committee is to ensure fiscal recommendations are in alignment with the strategic priorities of Austin Public Schools.
The Finance Committee recognizes it is critical to be good stewards of public funds. The Committee does this through engaging in transparency in reporting, communication, and accountability. The Committee works with stakeholders to fulfill its fiscal oversight responsibilities and maintain trust.
Meetings are held every three months at 4:00 PM in the District Office Conference Room.
- Will review the annual levy
- Will preview the annual audit results
- Will review annual budget and adjustments from District Administration
- Understand and engage in planning and financing significant District Projects
- Actively participate in studies and other matters impacting the fiscal health of Austin Public Schools
Finance Committee Members
Board Member, Kathy Green
Board Member, Cece Kroc
Board Member, Evan Sorenson
Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Joey Page
Executive Director of Finance and Operations, Andrew Adams
APA Representative, Dewey Schara
APA Representative, Blake Henely
Community Member, TBD