More than 5,000 students and 9 sites with one goal.
At Austin Public Schools, our mission is to Engage, Empower, and Inspire every learner, every day. We know that this lofty goal is only achievable through the effective collaboration between our dedicated staff and the Austin community, and that it is vital that we represent our Key Values as a district in all we do.
Our Key Values:
- We will provide hands-on learning opportunities.
- We will care for all students.
- We will honor our diversity.
- We will foster innovation.
- We will celebrate successes.
The key to effective collaboration is timely and efficient communication, and we are working toward that goal. From our website and social media to phone calls and emails, our goal is to ensure that important information is shared quickly and clearly with all stakeholders.
We recognize that everything we do communicates who we are as a district, and developing our communication is a vital and ongoing part of our mission.
The support APS receives from the Austin community is humbling, and we will do everything we can to continue to develop and earn your trust.
Austin Public Schools is dedicated to moving into the 21st century not only in the education we provide, but in our communications as well.
Over the past several years, APS has been working toward developing a new, more unified look. This began in earnest in Winter 2016 with the launch of our new website and continued through the next several years with the development of a new mission statement (Engage, Empower, Inspire), building our social media presence (check out @ISD492 on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram), and our new APS logo.
Our new logo is meant to reflect Who We Are as a district:
- The Austin A in the center symbolizes Austin Public Schools - We felt it was important to include the A for tradition and heritage, and the slight offset is meant to convey our drive to provide a modern education for our students.
- The circles around the A are meant to symbolize inclusion and togetherness while still providing a path through education.
- And, finally, the swirling colors represent the diversity we have in both our schools and the community.
We are very proud of our new logo and are excited to continue down the path we started on back in the Winter of 2016.
In order to use the new logo, we ask that you complete the following steps:
- Read through the Style Guide. This document outlines the rules regarding colors, placement, and size of the logo.
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting the logo files. We'll need to know the purpose/use of the logo and that you've read the style guide. We will then work with you to determine which version of the logo would be appropriate.
- You MUST send a digital proof of the final document/item BEFORE printing. This is to ensure that the formatting has been done correctly.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. We want to ensure that any use of the logo is being done appropriately and within the recommended styling. If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.