Welcome to the 2018-19 school year at IJ Holton Intermediate School!
Earlier this summer, our staff spent time discussing our work as Austin educators. We developed a purpose statement to help focus our work and decision making during the coming year. We recognize the
importance of our relationships with students and their families and know that without strong relationships, real learning is compromised. We also recognize that although policy outlines specific academic
standards that must be taught in 5th and 6th grade, there are many other facets to the whole child that we are responsible for addressing including social and emotional skills and digital literacy skills.
In the end, we felt that this purpose statement helped articulate what we expect to accomplish during the 2017-2018 school year.
Developing a strong community that sparks growth and well-being for all!
We believe this purpose statement will support and expand on our alignment to the mission and vision of Austin Public Schools which includes:
- programming that engages and empowers students while promoting academic achievement,
- instruction that is intentionally designed to meet the needs of individual students,
- courses and activities that reflect the diverse needs of our student body,
- a safe and welcoming environment that supports the social, emotional and physical health of our students,
- staff members that are effective, engaged, and proud to be part of IJ Holton,
- collaborative partnerships with our stakeholders, and
- resource management to support the needs of our school.
One of the best ways we know to support students is through strong partnerships between home and school. The root of this connection is communication. We encourage you to visit our school and participate in
volunteer opportunities. We invite you to share feedback about our programming to ensure we learn and grow as an organization! We ask you to stay connected and here are a few ways to support your connection with us:
- Parent Portal (aka Infinite Campus)
- Facebook (@Holton492)
- Twitter (@Holton492)
- Instagram (@Holton492)
Thank you for sharing your child with us. We look forward to partnering with you as we embark on our 2017-2018 journey of learning and growing!
2018-19 School Year IJ Holton Assessment Dates
As these dates get closer, families will be provided more specific information regarding how they might be able to help their child prepare. If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Schultz at 507-460-1825.
- Sept 11-15 Math Scantron
- Sept 18-22 Reading Scantron
- Nov 7-9 CogAT
- Jan 8-12 Math Scantron
- Jan 15-19 Reading Scantron
- Apr 16-20 MCA Reading
- Apr 23-27 MCA Math
- Apr30-May 4 MCA Science
- May 7-11 Math Scantron
- May 14-18 Reading Scantron
7:30 - 4:00 Monday - Thursday
7:30 - 3:30 Friday
Please call the office (507-460-1525) if your child will not be at school. You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If we are not available, please leave a message stating your child's name, grade and reason for
absence from school and expected date of return. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Dean of School Improvement
Success Coach - Español
IJ Holton Handbook
2018-19 Holton Supply List - English
2018-19 Holton Supply List - Español